With many businesses reopening soon and restrictions starting to be eased, the HSE guidance can help employers support their workers and keep their workplaces COVID-secure.
- The HSE page on keeping workplaces safe as restrictions are eased covers the government’s roadmap out of lockdown in England and gives advice on returning to work safely. There is no update on the HSENI webpage but COVID guidance can be found here for Northern Ireland.
- If your building was closed or has reduced occupancy during the pandemic, water system stagnation can occur due to lack of use, increasing the risks of Legionnaires’ disease
- HSE has updated its guidance to help you talk with your workforce about providing support and maintaining control measures when people are returning to work
- The HSE has also updated advice on thorough examination and testing of equipment as restrictions are eased
- Adequate ventilation (including air conditioning) can help reduce risk of spreading coronavirus in workplaces
Please contact us if you need any further guidance or training on COVID and the workplace.