This e-learning course can form part of blended learning to achieve the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification.
A first-aider must have an appropriate first-aid qualification and the qualification must be appropriate to the ages of the children in their care. This e-learning package will cover:
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, choking or has external bleeding
- Providing first aid to an infant or a child with a suspected bone fracture or dislocation; head, neck or back injury
- An infant or a child with a condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose; burns or scalds; an acute medical condition or sudden illness; a minor injury; shock
- An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock or been poisoned
- Providing first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
As blended learning at least 6 hours of the training is face to face instruction, where learners’ skills and knowledge is assessed in accordance with the qualification specification.
This course is aimed at anyone looking after infants and children such as carers, childminders and schools.