Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Target Training Solutions Message
We hope you and your families remain safe and healthy. As we face the difficult challenge of responding to the coronavirus our thoughts go out to the people affected by this event and we send heartfelt thanks to the healthcare workers, local communities and governments around the world working to contain this unprecedented situation.
With this in mind we would like to take this opportunity to assure our customers that appropriate safety and hygiene measures have been implemented and the health and safety of our customers is our primary concern.
As you will be aware, the UK Government have issued further advice for the public and workplaces in relation to COVID-19.
We will continue to run courses as normal for as long as we can and there is enough demand. However it is worth noting that we are following all advice from the UK Government, HSE and the Resuscitation Council (UK). We have implemented all their recommendations as well as some or our own that we feel will further reassure our clients.
The majority of the guidance is geared towards First Aid Training, however class size and hygiene is generic regardless of the training. These are the measures that we are taking:
- If you are not feeling well. On arrival we will check all learners and exclude anyone exhibiting respiratory virus symptoms (cough, cold, flu). If you are turned away from a course or self-exclude from training due to illness we will book you on another course, free of charge, as soon as we are able to.
- We are reducing class sizes. This may mean running more courses for you, but we will do this at our own expense. This will ensure more space (2m) between students and will help to relax and reassure all students.
- Training Facilities. Prior to the start and at the end of every course, our facilities will be thorough cleaned and disinfected. All contact surfaces will be cleaned with an anti-bacterial / anti-viral solution prior to the first day of a course and at the end of each days training. If we are using your facilities to deliver training, then we would ask that you provide us with information on the systems you have adopted to ensure the safety of yours and my employees. On arrival at our facility we will give each student an alcohol wipe/gel and ask them to thoroughly sanitise their hands.
- First Aid Courses. We have followed all guidance with regards to hygiene for First Aid Courses and Training, these include:
- sterilise manikin faces at the end of each course or day of use
- use sanitiser/alcohol wipes between each learner and allow this to dry naturally. Use this not only on the mouth, but wherever hands have been placed, including the chest, nose and forehead.
- provide a disposable face shield for each learner
- change replacement airways and lungs for each resuscitation manikin at the end of each course
Further to this, we will where possible, provide each student with their own manikin for the practical demonstrations. Where this is not possible, we will issue each student with their own set of manikin lungs.
These measures may increase the duration of the course as it will take time to clean or change equipment between students, however we are sure you will appreciate our efforts to keep you safe and prevent contamination.
First aid training is not a ‘social gathering’. It is essential training that is needed by workplaces, particularly when it is not possible for staff to work from home.
- General Information. If you need to cough/sneeze this should be done into a tissue that is disposed of immediately. Failing that you should cough into a bent elbow (better than a bare hand) and NEVER cough/sneeze without covering their mouth/nose. If someone coughs on their hands or uses a tissue you should use alcohol wipes/sanitiser immediately.
- No one should touch their mouth, nose or eyes unless they have just washed their hands or sanitised. We will provide sanitising gel or alcohol wipes for your hands.
- At the end of every theory session all students will be asked to sanitise or wash their hands.
- Before and after each practical session all students will be asked learners to sanitise or wash their hands.
Most importantly please take care of yourselves and your families.