Health and safety is often wrongly cited as a reason for preventing pretty harmless activities from going ahead during the Christmas period.
The HSE Site has published some common misconceptions about Health and Safety and their back stories, they include:
- Workers are banned from putting up Christmas decorations in the office
- You can’t throw out sweets at pantos
- Carol singers are a health and safety risk
- Children are banned from throwing snowballs
- You cannot clear snow and ice from pavements yourself